Thursday, May 7, 2015

Crossed Double Crochets Stitch Tutorial



Here is a fun, easy, and quick to make crochet stitch. It was my mom who showed it to me. 

Moreover, she's made a beautiful baby blanket using this stitch. I will share it in my next post. 

But today, with tons of pictures I will show you how to make this stitch. The best part is that only one row needs to be repeated!


The stitch is a multiple of 3, plus 1

To make the swatch shown in this post, I started with ch 37.



Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next ch,



go back and make dc in skipped ch prior to 1st dc,



just like this,



*skip next ch, dc in next 2 ch, 



 go back and make dc in ch skipped*, 


repeat the instructions between the asterisks across,


dc in last ch.



Row 2: ch 3, turn;


*skip next dc, dc in next 2 dc, 

 go back and make dc in skipped dc*,





 repeat the instructions between the asterisks across,



dc in top of turning ch.




Repeat Row 2.




That's it! 



I'm linking this post to
You Are Gonna Love It Link Party @ Kathe With an E
Brag About It Tuesday Link Party @ VMG206
Fluster Buster Creative Muster Link Party @ Fluster Buster
Turn it up Tuesday @ Sew Crafty Angel

12 comments:

  1. Hello Olga, I love this stitch for a baby blanket. I used this stitch many years ago to make a blanket and it gives nice results. Thanks for sharing the tutorial for stitch! Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pattern !!! I have to try this...
    Have a shinny day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever!! What a lovely stitch that makes, perfect for blankets or scarves I imagine. Thank you for sharing your tutorial/pattern with us, it is very clear indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Olga, what a beautiful pattern! I hope you are doing well, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this stitch before. Very pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful stitch.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever and pretty, too! Thank your mother for us, Olga. Another page to bookmark for future reference when I want something fun to make! Might even practice the stitch this evening. Have a blessed week! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  8. que punto mas bonito!!!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool. It is simple. And pretty. I'm pinning if you don't mind. I want to add this stitch to my stitch sampler blanket. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Olga! I tried out this pretty stitch and have just shared about it on my blog, with links to your two posts. It's a fun stitch and I hope to use it again! Thanks for sharing the pattern! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Olga, This is a clever stich. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if it works as a granny-square... something to try. Anna

    ReplyDelete