Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star




Soft Twinkle is the name of my new baby blanket! 

For this blanket I used super fine (category 1, aka lace, fingering) yarn. To be specific I used two skeins of Woolike by Loops & Threads. This yarn is 85% acrylic and 15% nylon, but it almost feels like cashmere. I'm absolutely in love with this yarn, and I have used it for other crochet projects as well. 

The price is $2.99 per skein, so the total cost of my blanket (including the sale's tax) is under $7. Of course, all the work and love that went into creating this blanket are priceless. Nonetheless, it is a great deal for a baby/newborn shower gift. 


The blanket is very soft and light in texture. It's perfect for the newborn angles that are born in summer months. 

I made mine in blue, but it will look great in other colors as well. 
And the pattern will work with worsted weight yarns too. 


I wrote and shared the pattern for the twinkle stitch here. You are welcome to use it. 

But the pattern for the entire blanket is available in my shop. It's very detailed and easy to follow. 

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!



7 comments:

  1. Lovely stitch!! And the blanket is lovely too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a lovely little blanket. Very unique pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Śliczny kocyk delikatny wzór .Pozdrawiam gorąco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful New Year filled with good health, joy and peace.
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!! I wish all crafters understood that paying a gozillion dollars for 2oz of yarn does not make the project better, just pricy. Love Loops and Threads. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Olga,
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year blessed with joy, good health and tons of crafty goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blanket. I wish you all the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete