Friday, February 9, 2018

Lace Cupcakes Baby Blanket With Ruffled Trim




I took a break from making doilies and made a baby blanket. 

A soft, airy, lacy baby blanket! 




It was easy and quick to make! 

I like repetitive stitches because you can easily do something else as well, like listening to an audiobook or watching TV. 




I recently discovered on Netflix a British TV show called Escape to the Country. It's about city dwellers that want to relocate to a quieter life, house hunting in the beautiful UK country side. 

I'm totally hooked on it right now. It's just so beautiful to watch. So relaxing. So peaceful. 

The country views are simply breathtaking! The country houses are charming! The gardens are spectacular! 

It is so enjoyable to watch...  And to crochet along! 




I used Snuggly Wuggly Big by Loops & Threads yarn, and a size G/6 (4.25 mm) hook. 

The finished blanket is about 38 by 31 inches. It can be easily adjusted to other sizes, smaller or bigger. 

The skill level is beginner and only basic stitches are used here.




The pattern is available in my shops: Etsy, Craftsy, and Ravelry





7 comments:

  1. This is such a very cute baby blanket, just what I was looking for our soon to come baby grand daughter ! :D I just bought your pattern on Ravelry and will certainly bein soon. (maybe a pattern grid design would have been helpful, too ??)
    Thanks,
    In stitches,

    Nadine (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadine, congrats on the soon arrival of your grand daughter!
      Thank you for your purchase and your sweet comment. Unforturnately, I don't have a crochet chart making software, so I only write patterns.
      This pattern isn't complicated. But if you do have trouble with it, let me know and I'lll try to sketch a chart by hand.

      Happy crocheting!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful Olga, so pretty. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket, Olga!:) I like the ruffled trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRECIOSA!!!
    ME ENCANTA EL PUNTO.SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete